Yesterday morning, around 11:30, I realized she wasn't moving and I had been so busy with work that I couldn't remember the last time I felt her. She's usually moving around a lot and jabbing me with a fist or foot and making me uncomfortable and she hadn't done that at all. I tried poking her and jiggling her around to wake her up, but no luck. Still no movement. I was trying not to get too worried, but after 10-15 mins of unsuccessfully trying to make her move I called my dr's office. They could see me at 2pm and told me to drink orange juice. I didn't have any at work so some friends and coworkers were telling me to try ice cold water or diet coke. I tried the water, nothing. I tried Diet Coke and luckily she jabbed me a few times so I knew she was ok, but she still wasn't moving around like she normally does. A lot of people were saying she's probably just cramped, etc, but she was actively moving less than 12 hours prior. This was a drastic decrease in movement so it concerned me. I called the nurse back and told her I had felt some movement & asked if I still needed to come in. She told me to still come in if I felt like her movement still wasn't normal because it's better to be safe than sorry. Usually she's active before and after lunch, but not yesterday, so I decided to go in. Luckily my dad went with me for moral support. They hooked me up to a Non-Stress Test (NST) that monitors my contractions and baby's heartbeat and I had a button to press whenever I felt movement. These tests normally take 20-30 minutes but mine was about 45-50 minutes and I can only assume it was because how still Emily was. For the first 2/3 to 3/4 of the test she stayed very still and I only felt her move about 5-6 times. Her heartrate stayed around 135bpm. The tech came in a few times to check the graph and at this point in the test she asked me if I had felt any movement. I told her I had felt some every now & then but not much. (The graph shows marks when I press the button.) As soon as the tech left, guess who started moving like her crazy, normal self?! lol She started moving around so much making her heartrate bump up to 157-172 at times. She decided to prove me wrong. Hardheaded already....oh boy. lol I don't know what made her stay asleep so long that morning but I'm glad I still went in to check on her and learn she's ok. :) The doctor talked to me and measured my uterus again, still at 36 cm. He also told me next time she gets very still to increase my blood sugar by drinking orange juice or real coke. So FYI to all you future and currently pregnant ladies!
How far along: 39 weeks!
Size of the baby: watermelon
Total weight gain: 14 lbs
Maternity clothes: kinda
Stretch marks: nope
Sleep: good for the most part
Best moment of this week: another fun weekend with family, gorgeous weather & knowing Baby Emily's ok
Miss anything: feeling normal with no discomfort lol
Movement: every day! ♥
Food cravings: not really
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: definitely!
Gender: baby girl!
Labor signs: nope
Belly button in or out: still in, barely. lol
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody most of the time: happy :)
Looking forward to: having the hubby home for a while, our tour of L&D and ultrasound next week, and hopefully a baby! lol :)




No comments:
Post a Comment